Many professional and Olympic athletes have found that Rolfing enhances performance and reduces recovery time for sport related injuries. Among the many professional sports figures who have benefited from Rolfing are:
- Phil Jackson, Los Angeles Lakers coach says, "I'm the kind of person that likes to physically challenge myself. I think (Rolfing) is a valuable resource...for keeping myself together."
- Charles Barkley, former basketball star
- Chris Carter, ex-Minnesota Viking football star
- Qadry Ismail, Baltimore Ravens football star
- The Phoenix Suns basketball team has players work with a Rolfer
- Mario Lemieux, hockey legend
- Bob Tewksbury, ex-pitcher for the Minnesota Twins
- Ivan Lendl, former tennis champion
- Craig Swan, former N.Y. Mets pitcher, and Certified Rolfer, whose career ended from a sports injury. "Bodywork can extend athletic careers," says Swan. "I truly believe if I had received Rolfing in the early part of my career, I would still be pitching today."
- Bret Saberhagen, former Kansas City Royals Pitcher
- Tom Seaver, Baseball Hall of Fame pitcher
- Jeff Linder, competitive cyclist
- Michelle Kwan, 2002 U.S. Olympic figure skater, 98 Olympic Silver Medallist
- Elvis Stojko, 2002 Canadian Olympic figure skater, 98 Olympic Silver
Medallist says, "Rolfing helped me to find my center of balance for
- Wendy Wagner, 2002 U.S. Olympic Nordic Ski team
- Iginia Boccalandro, 2002 and '98 Venezuelan Olympic luge team and Certified Rolfer
- Ben Hindle, 2002 Canadian Olympic bobsleigh team
- John Bauer, 2002, '98 & '92 U.S. Olympic Nordic Ski team, 8x National
- Sarah Will, five times U.S. Paralympic Gold Medal Skier, credits her gold medal to Rolfing. She says, "Rolfing increased my performance time 100%."
- Isabelle Brasseur & Lloyd Eisler, 2x Canadian Olympic bronze medal pairs figure skaters
- Brian Orser, Olympic Silver Medallist and World Champion figure skater
- Sharon Sander, ranked #2 on the U.S. Pentathlon team
- Lance Deal, 2000 U.S. Olympic hammer thrower, 96 Olympic Silver Medal
- Erin Aldrich, 2000 U.S .Olympic high jumper and 2x All-American
- Joe Greene, 1996 U.S. Olympic Bronze Medal winner of the long jump, now training to win the Olympic gold medal, says "Rolfing has made a huge difference."
- Kristen Ulmer, former World Champion Extreme skier
- John Egan, world renowned Extreme skier
- Mickey Egan, Rumanian Olympic Skier
- Grant Ernhardt, a U.S. Biathlon team member, 2002 Olympic hopeful
- Leon Fleisher, virtuoso concert pianist
- Levar Burton, actor
- Sean Young, who has starred in the movies "Bladerunner", "No Way Out", "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective", "Wall Street", "Fatal Instinct", "Once Upon a Crime", and a few dozen others receives Rolfing"®" from Certified Rolfer Bob Brill.
- Willie Nelson, songwriter: "My wife recommended (Rolfing) highly", says
Willie Nelson, "...The first of ten sessions fixed (my back pain)," reported
the New York Times, on Feb. 23, 1995.
- Sam Keen, best-selling writer, is a former Psychology Today editor and
co-producer of award winning PBS documentary "Faces Of The Enemy".
- Courtney Love, actress/singer
- Denis Leary, actor/comedian
- Diane Ladd, actress
- Georgia O'Keefe, artist
- Miro, modern artist
- Fritz Perl, psychotherapist
- Mary Elizabeth Mastontonio, Broadway/movie actress
- Maria Benitez, Flamenco Dancer
- Steve Turre, jazz trombonist